Looking for more information about our new Bloom Kits? Read our quick help guides for outdoor sunlight, pot and planter types, and Bloom Kit sizing.
Know Your Outdoor Sunlight
Use the guidelines below to determine how much sun your outdoor plants should get. Remember to keep in mind that a building, tree, or roof can create a shaded area even if other surrounding areas get full sun.
Once you know what kind of light you have, use our sunlight filters to display the Bloom Kits recommended for your garden’s sunlight levels.
Here are our recommendations for outdoor sunlight:
1. Shade (Full Shade): 6 hours of full shade or 3 hours of morning sun before noon
2. & 3. Sun (Full Sun): 6 hours of direct sunlight
Choose the Perfect Planter
There are lots of planter options out there, understanding the size and type can help you select the best Bloom Kit for your existing or a new planter.
1. Hanging Baskets: Ideal for mounding and trailing plants
2. 8–14″ Diameter Pots: Perfect for mounding and upright plants
3. 14–20″ Diameter Pots: Great for trailing, mounding, and upright plants
4. Wall Hanging Planters: Recommended for trailing and mounding plants
Bloom Kit Sizes
With vibrant color options for both sun and shade, you can mix and match kits together to fill your outdoor garden with style.
Each Accent Kit contains 6 young plants of a single variety for two 8–10″ containers such as small hanging baskets, small pots, or tabletop planters.
Each Combination Kit contains 3 different varieties selected to grow together, so they share the same light and watering requirements. Available in two sizes, Standard Combination Kits are perfect for an 11–14″ planter while Deluxe Combination Kits are ideal for two 11–14″ pots or one 15–20″ planter.
1. Accent Kits include 6 plants.
2. Standard Combination Kits include 8 plants.
3. Deluxe Combination Kits include 16 plants.