CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE LEAD
Bloomscape is a direct-to-consumer plant brand with a mission is to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that’s deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
The Customer Experience Lead will help Bloomscape grow as a customer-focused, design-led, scaleable brand. This position will lead research in order to expertly uncover unmet needs and directly impact decision making for Bloomscape design and product strategies. The CX Lead must have the ability to make quick and accurate diagnostic assessments about the current experience and future changes, talk about design coherently with people from very different backgrounds, to look at things that are not seen as traditional design problems to enhance the customer experience, and work to ensure consistency throughout the company.
The CX Lead must be proficient in customer research, design strategy practices, prototyping, and bringing new experiences to market, including:
– Understanding and representing customer perspective
– Leading research to uncover patterns and opportunities across all CX
– Specifically leading Bloomscape digital experience and post-experience
– Prototyping, using visual and physical design techniques
– Creating wireframes and establishing product specifications
– On-going experience iteration and improvement
The CX Lead must drive experience initiatives in a way that integrates well with the entire company, including:
– Working with CEO to drive toward key strategic goals
– Coordinating customer research, initiatives, and personas with marketing team
– Working with product design, packaging, and supply teams to improve find implementable opportunities to improve CX
– Leading customer support staff and plant care experience
Bloomscape is looking for someone with the experience and versatility to get their hands dirty in detailed CX/UX work for smaller projects, lead a team for larger projects, and find/manage collaborators when appropriate.
RESPONSIBILITIES & UPCOMING PROJECTS
– Lead customer experience research for all aspects of design
– Prototype solutions, especially digital and after-purchase experience
– Lead improvement of website usability and identify optimization opportunities
– Lead design and development of Bloomscape digital/account experience
– Work within project budgets and ongoing expense budgets
– Conduct design research to stay current with outside trends & innovation
– Work through iteration to build product lines that support and enhance Bloomscape’s brand values (e.g. simple, gezellig, etc.)
– Work with marketing team to find, vet, and manage developer relationships
– Support the launch of new programs by coordinating fulfillment, establishing and ensuring Bloomscape QA levels
– Utilize Bloomscape standards, programs, and systems to collaborate with other team members.
– Own the customer experience journey and represent the voice of the customer to create cohesive customer experiences that are nothing short of remarkable.
– Create, maintain and execute a strategic customer experience roadmap, including the team, process, and infrastructure to improve customer support, customer experience, and drive sales.
– Build high-performance, customer-centric service teams by recruiting, training and developing rock-star customer care and technical support representatives.
– Versatility and Cross-Disciplinary training (product, visual, environmental, events, UX, etc)
– Strategic, systems-oriented mindset capable of bridging the gap between customer experience/design and business needs (MFA and MBA – Design Strategy)
– Design agency background and startup experience
– Market adjacent interests a plus
– A natural storyteller, experience with both public speaking and digital storytelling, including C-Suite level leadership
– Futurist, comfortable with keeping one eye on the future and setting strategic, long-term goals
– Diplomacy and patience necessary to navigate change across internal teams, outside partners and our board/advisors.
– A track record of bringing products/experiences to market
– Strong project management skills and experience managing a team
– Self-motivated with the ability to work in ambiguity and still drive forward
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
– Excellent prioritization and problem-solving abilities
– Passion for plants and the Bloomscape brand